A warm Herefordshire welcome
We look forward to welcoming you to Thatch Close Cottages. We’ll be here to greet you on arrival, show you around, introduce you to a few practicalities, then we’ll leave you to relax.
You’ll find a tray of tea, coffee, sugar, milk, bread and butter, cereal and delicious local biscuits in your cottage to help you settle in – who doesn’t enjoy a nice hot cuppa and a biscuit after a journey?
From then on, we’re here if you need us, have any queries or are interested in some recommendations of things to do and places to visit. But we won’t disturb you otherwise – we want you to enjoy a wonderfully relaxing time here.
So we’ll leave you to it if that’s your preference.
Check in times
Check-in time is from 4.00pm and guests are requested to depart by 10.00am.
Free WiFi is available throughout the all of the holiday cottages, you’ll be provided with an access code on arrival.
Facilities & Equipment
We’ve done our very best to ensure you have everything you need at your holiday home-from-home. Furnished and fitted to a high standard throughout, Brambles Barn has achieved a 4* Gold rating from Visit England, and Cider Cottage and Valley View have been rated 5*.
Each cottage has a dining area with ample seating. There are LCD or LED TVs in the lounge – all with FreeView, as well as a complimentary DVD and CD library. There are also indoor board games and puzzles and books for all ages. You’ll find a hairdryer in each bedroom. There is underfloor heating throughout.
You’ll have use of a separate shared laundry room. It has a washing machine, dryer, iron, board, washing powder, pegs and clothes airer.
If you’re coming to stay over the festive period – we even include a Christmas tree and decorations. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements further.
You’ll find the following in each cottage:
- Fully-fitted kitchen with integrated appliances throughout
- Hob, single oven and microwave
- Integrated fridge/freezer & dishwasher
- A range of crockery, cutlery and ovenware
- Bin liners, cling film, aluminium foil, tea towels, oven gloves, dishcloth, scouring sponge, kitchen roll, salt & pepper, washing up liquid, all-purpose surface cleaner, dishwasher tabs
- Ironing board & iron
Beds, bed linen and towels
- All beds are made up with quality linen ready for your arrival
- You have the option of double or single beds in each cottage – please let us know how you would like them made up.
- Towels: 1 x hand towel and 1 x bath sheet per person
Bathrooms and wet room
- Shaving/electric toothbrush point
- Towel warmer
- Toilet rolls
- Bath mats
- Complimentary toiletries – Shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and soap is provided.
Babies & children
- Ample space for a travel cot in each master bedroom
- Travel cot with bottom sheet provided (bed linen for travel cots is not supplied)
- High chair
- Bed guard
- Stair guards
- Booster seat
- Plastic cutlery/crockery
Parking & outdoor space
- Private parking and secure bike storage is available for all guests.
- Each holiday cottage has a private garden with a table and cushioned seating. There is also a communal outside area, Sunset Patio (see below).
- Guests are free to roam the 12 acres of organic grassland at Thatch Close Cottages. We have been rewilding the land for over 30 of years, so there is plenty of wildlife and nature to see whilst you’re here.
Here at Thatch Close Cottages our aim is to provide a quality, peaceful and relaxing stay for all our guests, regardless of whether you are able-bodied or require some level of accessibility support. So we have made reasonable adjustments to achieve that goal. We also have complete Accessibility Guides available for each cottage.
Sunset Patio is a beautiful outside shared space where you can relax at the end of the day (or any time).
Take in the views as you enjoy a nice glass of wine and some al fresco dining.
It has a wood-fired traditional pizza oven, charcoal/wood BBQ and tables and chairs to seat up to 10 guests.