We are delighted to welcome guests at Thatch Close Cottages where our 3 cottages in the heart of the Herefordshire countryside are open. In these uncertain times, we can do this because we have received the COVID-19 industry standard accreditation that we are #GoodToGo. Look out for this sign as it is for all types of holiday accommodation and hospitality businesses such as restaurants, pubs, attractions in the UK. This sign provides you with the confidence that we and other businesses have gone the extra mile to do the necessary risk assessment, provide safety measures such as social distancing, staff training as well as practise cleaning and sanitising protocols to enable our business to reopen safely.
Confidence and safety is paramount - for our guests, our staff and us. These measures provide the confidence to all our guests to enable you to enjoy a safe, relaxing and enjoyable stay at one of our cottages, whilst exploring beautiful Herefordshire.
Safety Measures - that we are doing
- The whole cottage is disinfected , cleaned & then re-disinfected to the industry standard Covid Ready Guidelines ‘Good to Go’ and checked prior to your arrival.
- We have also undertaken the Gold Standard certification scheme, called ‘Safe, Clean and Legal’ from Quality in Tourism
- We have produced a Risk Assessment that covers all aspects of our business and this is available on request.
- The cottage will be unlocked so you can gain immediate access from 4pm.* The keys will be in your cottage awaiting your arrival.
- The quantity of soft furnishings, crockery and cutlery etc. have been reduced, but still plenty to enable you to easily cook, serve and eat food.
- Welcome baskets contain pre-packed items as available.
- Toys are available on request.
- We will be able to provide as much information about where to eat along with attractions as booking in advance is required at the majority of establishments given the limited capacity. Also take-aways need to be ordered in advance with arranged collection times.
- As a further precaution we have closed down the B&B until further notice. So no other people will be on the site except guests at the three cottages and us, the owners in the house nearby.
* If you arrive before cleaning and disinfection is complete, you are welcome to wait in the patios, gardens or fields.
Safety Measures - what we need you to do
- Provide contact details of all in your party. Prior to arrival, please provide the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of everyone in the party, so that we can pass this onto the NHS if it is required. This information will not be used for any other purpose.
- Arrival & Departure Times On arrival, the cottages will be open and ready for you. The cleaned keys will be in the cottage. Arrival time is from 4pm. Sorry at the moment, we cannot accept early arrivals as we need the time to complete the necessary cleaning protocols.
- .Departure is 10am latest as once again, this gives us time to clean the cottage to the required standard for our next guests. If you do arrive before 4pm, you are welcome to use the patios , gardens and grounds, this will allow us to complete our cleaning and disinfection schedule.
- Social distancing. Please socially distance from other guests, and help your small children to do so too please. We are informed that dogs do not carry the virus. However please keep dogs on a lead if you cross our neighbours fields. Also please be rigorous in following social distancing recommendations when out in public and wear your mask inside all shops as it is now law.
- Remove shoes in the cottage. 80% of infection is carried into buildings on footwear. Please remove and store all footwear on the tray provided, just inside the main door.
- Minimising access to your cottage. We ask that you minimise risk by not asking us to enter the building during your stay unless for emergency purposes.
- Book in advance. Please book any eateries or attractions in advance as many places will not accept visitors without prior reservations and to limit numbers.
- Departure Day - Strip the beds. At the end of your stay please strip your beds completely and bundle all bedding into the bags provided & tie the top of the bags
- Departure Day - Remove all rubbish. Please dispose of all rubbish into the two bins at the end of the drive.
- Illness. If you show any signs of having the virus then you must immediately go and get tested for COVID-10 The result must be shown to us. If positive, your party will need to leave immediately and return home.
If you have any queries about any aspect of your holiday with us, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01989 770 300. We look forward to welcoming you to Thatch Close Cottages ... at a social distance of course.